Monday, October 27, 2008

Talking Nonsense

Brigham is in the funniest stage right now with his talking. He is a little confused on when to use her and she so the most logical thing for him to do is to combine the two, then he has his bases covered. On our way to Grandma Dene's house Brigham will ask, "Mom are we going to SHER house yet?" Or he pointed to a woman at the store the other day and asked "What is SHER doing?" Makes sense to me.

Also did you know that Yen is actually not the Japanese currency it is a word frequently used when describing something that happened in the past. Ex. "Mom guess what I just did, I was on the stairs and YEN I jumped down and YEN I fell on my bum and YEN I didn't even cry and YEN Max just laughed at me and YEN I did it again."

Max is a polar opposite of Brigham. He is so laid back and easy going where as Brigham is super high strung and anal. Max thinks that saying the first part of a sentence or word should be optional. For example he calls Brigham, "gum". And it isn't just words with more than one syllable, truck and stuck.....simply "uck". My favorite is when he says I love you.....in Max's words "you".

I often wonder how I can still speak English.

3 comments:

Nate and Nicole said...

That's hilarious! I believe "yen" should be a word as well. He makes perfect sense.

Kristy said...

I like his use of Sher. What a creative way to overcome something that confuses him! :)

Poelmans said...

Um, Yen is the Japanese currency ;).
The Sher thing is cute. I could see you doing that as a child.