Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Posted by Cameron and Shannon at 11:31 AM
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
I've been tagged so I guess I'll get this over with. Here are my five things you may not know about me....but they feel more like confessions.
1. I love to sleep. If I allowed myself I could go to bed and 9pm at night and wake up at 9am and still take a nap during the day. It is something I struggle with everyday. I'm just glad my kids wake up at 7:30am everyday cause at least that is manageable, but I still have to drag myself out of bed.
2. I can't stay mad. Sometimes I really try hard to be angry for a long time because I feel that I am right but it doesn't matter, give me a couple of hours and all the feelings of anger and hurt just disappear. (I'm sure Cameron loves this about me)
3. My biggest fear is of phones. I have this huge fear of calling people, it doesn't matter who it is (friends and family is obviously easier). I know it sounds crazy, it doesn't make sense in any way. I have had to get over it because of my church callings and children but it doesn't make it any easier. Cameron always asks after I hang up the phone "see was that really that bad", YES it really was that bad. Every moment before on during the phone call is tense for me.
4. I peed my pants several times during Jr. High (maybe even in High School). Ok to my High School friends this is no shock. I can probably name a time that each of them peed there pants too. I blame it on my awesome friends that never cease to make me laugh to the point where I can't control my bladder. My favorite of all time was delivering 12 days of Christmas to Sister Cloward (seminary teacher). Good Times!
5. I know the entire BYU fight song. This is the most shameful of all my confessions. To my fellow Utah fans I understand if you think less of me now. Brigham's football obsession was fueled by going to the BYU football games with his Dad and the result is him knowing and singing 50 times a day the BYU fight song. I hate to admit it but it gets stuck in my head. The saddest part about this is that I don't even know the entire UTAH fight song.....I guess I need to get on that.
Posted by Cameron and Shannon at 8:11 AM
Friday, November 9, 2007
My church calling is so fun and I love it, but it definitely pushes me to do things I wouldn't normally do. This past Wednesday was YW in Excellence night and I got stuck with doing the decorations. Now for anyone else they probably would have loved assignment because it seems easy enough and could be fun. Not me, I am definitely challenged when it comes to anything that takes creativity and craft. I stressed for weeks over this assignment and tried several projects that failed. I had to ask Cameron why we didn't have glue or tape in our house. He was nice enough to remind me that it's because I NEVER do anything like this. After a lot of trial and error the night turned out great, including the decorations(too bad I didn't take a picture of it to prove it). I am grateful that we are put in callings in life to help us stretch and grow. Whether it is big as having the calling of a Mom or as small as being assigned to do the decorations at my YW in Excellence night.
Posted by Cameron and Shannon at 9:46 AM
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Here are some pictures from our day yesterday. Brigham had his costume on from the moment he woke up until we pulled it off of him after he fell asleep in the car on our way from Grandparent's. It wasn't really any different than most days though because he manages to talk his mom into putting him into a football jersey everyday. Brigham also insisted that Max's costume remain on him at all times yesterday. Max was a good sport and went around flapping his monkey hands around all night.
Posted by Cameron and Shannon at 8:57 AM