Friday, November 9, 2007

Is being deficient in creativity a real disease?



My church calling is so fun and I love it, but it definitely pushes me to do things I wouldn't normally do. This past Wednesday was YW in Excellence night and I got stuck with doing the decorations. Now for anyone else they probably would have loved assignment because it seems easy enough and could be fun. Not me, I am definitely challenged when it comes to anything that takes creativity and craft. I stressed for weeks over this assignment and tried several projects that failed. I had to ask Cameron why we didn't have glue or tape in our house. He was nice enough to remind me that it's because I NEVER do anything like this. After a lot of trial and error the night turned out great, including the decorations(too bad I didn't take a picture of it to prove it). I am grateful that we are put in callings in life to help us stretch and grow. Whether it is big as having the calling of a Mom or as small as being assigned to do the decorations at my YW in Excellence night.

4 comments:

Doug & Darci said...

Yes, it is a real disease and it must fun in the family. I'm really good a copying others neat ideas, but don't ask me to come up with something on my own.

Carly said...

Definitely genetic.

Kristy said...

I'm sure the centerpieces turned out great...that is something that would stress me out, too. Paul's mom is great at stuff like that, though!

Doug & Darci said...

Alright, I'm a dork. I just read my previous post I meant to say "run in the family". As if being uncreative isn't enough, I can't type on top of that.