Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Potty Trained!


Ok I know the picture may be disgusting to everyone else...but what can I say, I'm a very proud Mom!


Well it finally happened.....Brigham decided that he no longer wanted to wear diapers. For a couple of months now I've asked him on occasion if he would rather wear his big boy underwear rather than his diaper. He always says no....and not just a "no thanks Mom" it's a "NO NO NO, DON'T WANT TO" scream. So when I asked last Thursday I just assumed the response would be the same. But to my amazement he said YES. I ran with it, we went to the store and bought his own toilet. He probably had 10 accidents that first day because he's never had to control his bladder before. But on day two he had 0 accidents. The days since he has had maybe 2-3 accidents here or there but the kid is a machine. Once he makes his mind up about something he is never going back. He won't even wear a diaper to bed, which I thought might be tragic but he hasn't wet the bed once. The most difficult transition for him is going #2 in the toilet. He held it in for 3 days before he was finally able to go, but when I asked him if he wanted to wear a diaper and go he refused.

One down and one to go! Wahoo!

6 comments:

Bullard Family said...

I am so jealous. I don't think Mykah will ever do it. The frustrating thing is I know that she can, she did it for two weeks and then decided no way. Maybe the other kids in Kindergarten will sway her to get out of her diapers??? I know it is nothing I can say or do that will change her mind.

Brooke Woodall said...

Way to go Shanz! That's a big deal!!

It was fun to see you at the game a couple of weeks ago! : )

Doug & Darci said...

That is pretty impressive!!!

Jamie Lynn said...

Congrats! What a great Xmas present.

Poelmans said...

Impressive, but I agree. The picture reveals more than I'd like to see. Probably because I don't have kids. nasty. :)

Anna said...

I stumbled across your blog and had so much fun seeing your family and your posts. I totally agree about grocery shopping. Your boys are so cute!
Anna Miller May