Thursday, January 8, 2009

National Champions!!!




I know you are all wondering why I haven't mentioned anything about my Utes being the bomb diggity this year?....Just trying to find the words to express how I feel about the whole thing. I found them....ESPN's Rick Reilly says it better than I ever could.

"Some gifts people give are pointless: Styling mousse to Dick Vitale. An all-you-can-eat card to Kate Moss. The BCS Championship given to Oklahoma or Florida.
It means nothing because the BCS has no credibility. Florida? Oklahoma? Who cares? Utah is the national champion.
The End. Roll credits"


"FIND ME ANYBODY ELSE THAT WENT UNDEFEATED. THIRTEEN-AND-ZERO. BEAT FOUR RANKED TEAMS. WENT TO THE DEEP SOUTH AND SEAL-CLUBBED ALABAMA IN THE SUGAR BOWL."

Read the whole thing here...it is well worth it. I promise!

GO UTES!!!!
NOW GO VOTE FOR THE UTES HERE!!!!

6 comments:

Josh said...

Please tell me that Shannon wrote this posting. Although I agree with the sentiment that Utah should have been considered for the NC this year, what's up with this "my Utes" ownership thing? It wasn't that long ago that Cameron asked me to grab him some tickets in the student section of the Marriott Center. Let not your innocents become corrupted by the vain ramblings of a degenerate, bandwagon-fan nation! (No offense, Shannon.)

Cameron and Shannon said...

Yep its Shannon. Unfortunately Cameron has never ever posted on our blog, I'm lucky if he ever looks at it without me putting it in front of his face. And I'm just grateful for any one in the national media giving the Utes the credit they deserve, bandwagon or not!

Josh said...

A valid point, I must concede. And the particular article you quote was a really good article, and I agree with it wholeheartedly. Give Cameron my regards, even if you have to plant his face in front of the screen to do it. :-)

Cameron and Shannon said...

Hey this is Cameron. I do look at the blog sometimes, but this time she did have to put the computer in front of my face. Oops. Nope, I'm still true blue though. Hey Josh, I found some books that I thought you'd like. Here are the links to them:
http://deseretbook.com/store/product/4981435

http://deseretbook.com/store/product/5007298

I just remember how much you loved military equipment and war stories and all and thought they were right up your alley.

Jen Hanson said...

GO UTES! Glad you had fun!

Josh said...

Thanks for the link to those books. A friend of mine let me borrow the first one last year, but I didn't know there was a second one in the series. I will put it on my birthday list. :-)