Tuesday, August 18, 2009

We miss you and love you! We were blessed to have you!

Thank you all so much for the outpouring of love! Here is my beautiful mother...



Ardene Ressler Bullard

On August 18, 2009 the light of our lives and heart of our family was suddenly and unexpectedly taken. Despite her valiant efforts, she was overcome by an aggressive and sudden infection.

Ardene was born on March 18, 1955 to Peter J. and Reah O. Ressler in Roy, Utah. She was the youngest of 10 children along with her twin sister and best friend, Arlene. She was raised in Roy and attended Ricks College and Weber State College. She was married to her high school sweetheart Lonnie M. Bullard on May 5, 1977 in the Salt Lake Temple. She dedicated her life to her husband and to raising nine wonderful children. She excelled in and deeply loved being a mother. She loved the out-of-doors and was passionate about sports and fitness, especially tennis, playing on many teams and in many tournaments. She never shied away from competitive games, even with women half her age. She had a passion for life and was involved in all the activities of her children. She stood side-by-side with her husband in community, business, and recreational events. Ardene and Lonnie were inseparable in life, one name rarely mentioned without the other. They know their relationship is eternal.

Ardene was blessed with an unwavering testimony of the gospel and a great love for her Savior. While raising her nine children, she served in many ward and stake callings, among her favorites were: missionary at Hill Cumorah Pageant, camp director, Young Women’s President and Relief Society President.

She is survived by her husband Lonnie and children Melissa (Samuela) Ita’aehau, Michael (Andrea), Shannon (Cameron) Garber, Kendrick (serving in the Tuxla Gutierrez, Mexico Mission), Anna, Denis (serving in the Johannesburg, South Africa Mission), Valek, Madison, and Dema. Also survived by soon to be eight grandchildren, father, Peter J. Ressler, and siblings Boyd Ressler, Susan Howes, Judy Daugherty, Holly Everton, Chris Ressler, Pam Woodall, Coral Taggart, and Arlene Racker. She was preceded in death by her mother Reah, and brother Laurie.

A viewing will be held at Russon Brothers Mortuary, 1941 North Main Street, Farmington, Utah, on Thursday, August 20th from 6:00 to 8:00 PM. A viewing will also be held from 9:30 to 10:30 AM at the Farmington North Stake Center at 729 W. Shepard Lane, Farmington, Utah. Funeral services to be held at 11:00 AM in the Farmington North Stake Center. Internment at the Farmington City Cemetery.

The family wishes to thank the dedicated doctors, nurses and staff of the Intermountain Medical Center for their heroic efforts, compassion and kindness. In lieu of flowers, donations may be sent to the Perpetual Education Fund or the Missionary Fund of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Ardene will be forever remembered as selfless, loving, and without guile towards anyone, always showing unconditional love. Oh, how we will miss her.

23 comments:

coriconnors said...

Truly, we will miss her. We celebrate that she was in our lives and we cherish those who sahre her name. You carry her great beauty, Shannon, inside nad out.

Doug & Darci said...

Thank you so much for sharing. What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful mother! I will miss her so much and I ache for your family's loss. I love you so much Shanz and I'll call you when I get to Utah tonight. Please know our prayers are with you and let me know if there is anything I can do.

Bishop Fam said...

Your mom was an amazing women. You are in my prayers and thoughts. Please let me know if I can help with anything.

Holly said...

Very nice tribute. What an amazing woman she is and you ARE! Such a touching and inspiring tribute. God be with you Garbers!

Chantel said...

You don't know me... my mom went to school with your mom at Roy High. We were saddened to hear of her passing so suddenly. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Redd family said...

I feel blessed to have known your mother as well. She was a great example of love and selflessness and I always felt welcome in her home. She will be missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We love you.

Becki R said...

Oh Shannon, I had no idea. This just breaks my heart for you. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Unknown said...

Shannon I am so sorry! My heart breaks for your sweet family. Please know you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers! Your mom was an incredible woman!

Patti Redd said...

Shannon my heart is broken for your family. You have one of the most amazing families ever. I have always looked up to your parents and feel lucky to have been able to spend so much time with your mom. Our love and prayers are with your family.
Amy Redd Waltman

Anonymous said...

Shanz you are in our prayers. I wish I could make it better. Know that we love you and are thinking of you and your family. Let me know if you need anything!

Elder Kyler James Goddard said...

We are so sorry to hear of your loss. We think the world of both you and Melissa. Thanks for sharing the beautiful tribute of your mom. She's incredible! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Elder Kyler James Goddard said...

The last comment was from Jim and Tonya Goddard. It is the blog I have for Kyler on Gmail. We are thinking of you!

Taylor Family said...

Shannon I am so sorry for your loss. We are keeping you in our prayers.

Nate and Nicole said...

Shanz I am so so sorry to hear of your loss. Know I am thinking of you constantly.

Tyler and Shelley said...

She really was a loved woman. Our prayers are with you and your family.

MattJulieGavin said...

I'm so sorry Shannon. My heart hurts reading this...you are definitely in our thoughts & i hope you and your family can find some comfort.

Jen Hanson said...

You did so well today Shans. Your whole family did. I am so very impressed with all of you. What an amazing legacy your mother has left. Love you!

Allison said...

Shannon, I don't know you, but I am Darci's cousin on the Racker side. Tonight my mom was telling me about your mom's funeral, and I was so sad. I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in our prayers. From what my mom told me, I am sure you already know this, but lately I just know more than anything that we are all SO close, those who have passed and those who are still here and I know that we can feel that connection most in the temple.

Allison Davis

Zylstra Family said...

Shannon - Wow, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. She was an amazing mother! I know this must be a difficult time for you. Just know that I am thinking about you and you are in my prayers!

Nicole Andra said...

Oh Shannon, I'm truly so sorry for your loss! Sounds like she was an amazing mother, wish I could've met her. We will keep you in our heart & prayers - if there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to ask!
Love you-
Nicole & Family

Ashley said...

Shannon,

I don't normal stalk your blog so I am sorry if this seems weird but I caught wind here in MN of the loss of your mother so tragically and just wanted to let you know that I am truly sorry and hope that you find comfort and peace somehow through this trial.

Ashley (seaman) Hawkes

Michelle said...

Shannon, my prayers are out to you and your family. I am lost for words other than how so, so sorry I am. Sure love you.
xoxo
michelle

Libby said...

Sweet Shannon, my heart goes out to you and your family. What a beautiful woman your mother is...I know she lives on in all who love her. I'm sorry for your loss and your family will be in my prayers.