Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Thank goodness Christmas is only once a year :)



Wow, the Holiday season is a busy one. Why didn't anyone tell me that getting married and having kids would throw me into the world of planning, cooking, decorating, and shopping during Christmas? I want to go back to the days when I just showed up at a party and the food would miraculously appear in front of me and I never had to worry about the clean up. When I woke one morning and the Christmas tree was decorated perfectly. When I could ask for something and it would be there neatly packaged on Christmas morning. Somehow a little of the excitement is lost when it is me staying up at all ends of the night wrapping, stuffing stockings and cleaning. Go figure.


I shouldn't sound so negative. We had a great Holiday season. We had many successful family Christmas parties. Grandparents spoiled our children, and we were spoiled as well.




Of all the many gifts he got, Brigham's favorite present from Santa was a $3.50 "Cars" character (Chick Hicks). Max still wasn't really sure what was going on but he enjoyed picking up every one's candy off of the floor and eating it.




We spent the last week at my parent's new cabin, which is awesome! We had so much fun relaxing, cross country skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, ping pong tournaments, movies, sledding and eating! Thanks Mom for all your hard work!

5 comments:

PARKERS said...

I don't think you're being negative- I have a lot of similar feelings about Christmas! :) Looks like you guys had fun though. I really want to go to your cabin sometime and yes, I want to bring my husband and child! :)

Jen Hanson said...

I want to go back to the old days too. Not a care in the world! Why didn't I take advantage of it. Who knew! Your cabin sounds fun! I love the picture of your boys on the snowmobile!

Anonymous said...

I felt really bad because I didn't think that Jack had enough presents (even though he could care less) so I went and got some of his toys and wrapped them and put them under the tree! Life used to be so much easier!

Kristy said...

At least you only had to decorate your tree once this year! If I didn't laugh I probably would have cried when my newly decorated tree was lying on the floor in a pile! Oh well, something to laugh about. Sounds like a fun time at your parents new cabin.

Jamie Lynn said...

Remember when I went to your old cabin and wrecked 2 snowmobiles in about 5 minutes? Yeah me too. We should try and get together while I'm still in town!