Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sugar Cookie Insanity

Definition of Insanity: Repeating the same thing over and over expecting a different result each time.

At least twice a year I decide that I want to make sugar cookies to go along with a certain holiday. Why do I torture myself like this? Each time I do it I get half way into it before I'm ready to give up. I always make like 100 cookies thinking that I'll make them cute and then give them away. Well my inability to be artistic and creative along with my lack of paying attention to detail is not a good combination for sugar cookies. At the conclusion of the whole ordeal I have like a million ugly cookies that I'm too embarrassed to give away and even more dishes to wash, not to mention the five hours I spend making them.

Each time I start the process I am convinced that I have learned from past experiences and that I will be better. This time I thought because we were at my parents cabin with a huge kitchen and no time limit it would be much less stressful. Cameron thinks I'm insane and I'm beginning to agree. He took pictures so he could remind me in a couple of months why I shouldn't try again.

Two positives out of all the negatives; the kids had fun making them, and at least they taste good :)

7 comments:

Kristy said...

Are you kidding me? Those cookies are so cute!!! I know sugar cookies are so much work. Seriously, I don't know what you are talking about. They look great!

Doug & Darci said...

What are you thinking? Thoses are beauties! And let's be honest if they taste good, mission accomplished.

The Reeses said...

I'm with everyone else, the cookies look great! I'm impressed with your perseverance (it's not insanity).

Jen Hanson said...

So where are my cookies! You made 100 cookies and they look amazing, now I want some. Just looking at those makes me want to make some.......or maybe not! I better get some next year when you get that urge to make more!

Jamie Lynn said...

So cute! I was so glad to see you when I was in town. I wish we lived closer so we could hang out with you and Cameron. At least our parents will be next door neighbors for life so we will always be connected..

Anonymous said...

YUM!!! Next time bring us some!!! They look so yummy!!!

Poelmans said...

mmmmm ... I love sugar cookies. I actually do the same thing-about twice a year. I made some last week and was only willing to give them to family (and one of my visiting teachees).