Wednesday, March 12, 2008

No Computer = No Blogging



Ok so I really am going through computer withdraws and since I'm at my mom's again this week I thought I'd take a few minutes to post, since it has been almost a month.




Yesterday was quite the day. It was such a nice day that I thought I'd take the boys in to the Zoo. We have passes that expire soon so I thought we better get our use out of them now. Trying to conserve some money I suggested taking the Civic and then drop Cameron off at school on our way. He could take the bus home after class. Well things don't really ever turn out the way you have planned. Our car's battery died in the Zoo parking lot (about 15 minutes after another dead battery at the financial aid building on campus). Luckily our car is a stick so we don't need jumper cables. But in the Zoo we still weren't able to compression start it so we were stranded. We did enjoy the Zoo, especially because Daddy was able to join us! So eventually we did get the car to start. This because of my brother in-law Sam who is just a tiny bit stronger than Cameron and got the car moving at like 15mph before it would start. After we got it started Cameron didn't have class for another couple of hours so we went and ate at a park, all the while our car is running for an hour and a half at the top of the parking lot, just in case it dies again and we need to push it again. Ha ha, that's not ghetto is it? So we bring Cameron back to class and guess what he does....locks the keys in the car.....oh hooray! The kids by this point have spent the entire day outside and we spend another hour outside waiting for campus security to let us in. By the time they get there Cameron is out of class and we all ride home together in some terrible traffic. Yes, it was a long day! But not without the positives, a fun time at the Zoo and Park with Dad!

4 comments:

Ryan, Natalie and kids said...

Max looks like such a little Bullard baby to me now that he is older...what a cutie. Maybe I can join in on some of your fun mom activities soon!?

Doug & Darci said...

Wow, what a fun-filled day!! Could anything more go wrong?!? Well at least it was memorable and you had some great family time. You are such a good mom. It was so fun to see you. I sure do miss you!!

The Mom said...

Shannon! Your boys are getting so cute and big! Are you getting any passes anywhere this summer? Lagoon? Cherry Hill? I'm due in April, and so I'm thinking Lagoon might be more managable. I would love to get together sometime this summer at a park or something.

Kristy said...

Well, what a day. It sounds like one of those that you can't wait to end. Sounds like you made the most of it, though.

I'm excited that we'll be living near Mike and Andrea. Hopefully we'll be able to get to know them. I couldn't remember what year Mike was in school so I'm glad they'll be there for a couple more years.