Saturday, July 12, 2008

We are back-row dwellers for a good reason!

Our experience last sunday was quite an eventful one and if I don't write it down now I never will.
Cameron was asked to give the opening prayer in sacrament meeting so we arrived a little early. We were unable to sit in our usual spot because the curtains were closed so we sat on the back row of the benches. Only a few seconds into the announcements Brigham turns to me and asks "Mom does this church have nursery?".....wow I guess we have never sat in the actual chapel before, Brigham didn't even recognize our own church. After trying to persuade him for several minutes that this was the same church we always attend he still seemed a little confused and demanded proof of where it was at. The opening prayer saved a major freak out. The conversation came to a halt when Cameron worked his way up front to say the prayer. Brigham folded his arms and sat quietly through the entire prayer. I was beginning to think this bench sitting might not be such a bad thing, more comfortable and kids are old enough to be well behaved. When Cameron finished prayer Brigham stood up, clapped, and shouted at the top of his lungs, "Yeah Daddy, you did a good job!".... spoken like a proud son. Hmm I guess we haven't gone over with him the rules of ettiquette during church.
A few attempts of running on to the stage and a few tries at the on/off light switch later we are hanging on by a thread. Good thing we brought fruit snacks or we would have been toast....oh wait not only did we decide to try bench sitting we decided the kids didn't need any snacks during sacrament anymore, oops. Needless to say the rest of sacrament meeting was attended out in the hall way.

Happy church going tomorrow! I hope yours is better than ours:)

6 comments:

Anna said...

That is really cute and funny! Those days when church seems like 3days instead of 3 hours are so hard!

Labrum Family said...

That is so funny. I wish I could have seen it in person.

the Tonioli's said...

Hi Garber's! It's me Tara (Swallow) Tonioli. I kind of snuck onto your blog through Anna's. I hope that's not too weird. Just wanted to say hi. Your kids are adorable. Holy cow! I loved your church story. It was hilarious. At least he folded his arms and was quiet during the prayer. That seems to be the time when my kids decide to belt out in song. Hope all is well. We'll have to keep in touch.

Lisa Kearl said...

Hey Shannon I love looking at your blog. That story reminded me of when we blessed our baby and I bore my testimony and got a little teary. When I was walking down my son Ryker yelled really loud "Mommy you sad, you crying". Everyone started laughing. Aren't kids the greatest.

Becki R said...

Hi Shannon--I found your blog through Julie's! What a cute family you have! I love the story about your little guys, atleast they have a lot of energy, right?! It looks like this are great! :)

Milan Maternity said...

Ha ha ha! We totally relate...That's awesome! I wish I could've been there.