Thursday, September 25, 2008

A shout out to all those with new babies!

I was up literally all night last night with Max because he has Hand Foot Mouth Disease. I am wondering how I ever made it through 2 babies and definitely not wanting to go back to those sleepless nights.

So guess what I'm doing today..........NOTHING, I'm staying in my sweats all day and letting my kids watch movies all day. Am I a bad mother to neglect my duties for a day? Anyway, Good job to all those mothers who didn't get any sleep last night that will accomplish leaps and bound more than I will today:)

Note: Please don't call child services, I promise I will take care of my children's immediate needs, such as feeding and changing.

4 comments:

Taylor Family said...

I was just thinking maybe we should think about having another baby then I read your post and remember that I got about 12 hours of sleep last year. I think we will wait two more years!!!

Milan Maternity said...

You're so funny, and yep, no sleep is the sole reason I'm not pregnant yet. I'm one of those people that need like 10 hours, and remembering those first six weeks with a newborn and getting 2 hours of sleep a night, pretty much is all the birth control I need.

Kristy said...

Well, if it makes you feel better, I didn't shower until 2:00 this afternoon...and I didn't get out of bed until 9:30 AM. As long as I was snuggled up to Ethan, he kept sleeping, so I did the same! By the time we got up, it was a pretty late start to the day. I attempted to go for a run, but ran into a friend instead and we talked for 45 minutes. Then, I had to take something back to a neighbor, feed Ethan his breakfast (yup, it was 11:00 AM at this point), nap time, work... you get the point. My only motivation for showering and putting on a little make up was that I thought Paul might appreciate it since I didn't wash my hair or wear any make up yesterday. Some weeks are just like that!

Here's to hoping you get more sleep tonight!

Jen Hanson said...

I am right there with ya shanz. Brooklyn has been sick for like 3 weeks (rosiola and a nasty cold) and I swear I am a zombie! I am enjoying my sleep too much to have another baby anytime soon.