Friday, March 26, 2010

I miss white bread!


When I became a mom I decided that I wanted to fill my house full of good foods and try to not have the junk food around. Not that I deprive my kids from this food, they get plenty for holidays and from grandparents, I just thought its probably better to not keep it in the home. Not just for them but for me as well, I have little self control when something yummy is home. This means...no chips, (besides tortilla chips), no candy, sugar cereal, etc.

White bread is something we never ever buy. And I know 100% whole wheat bread is so much healthier but sometimes I just want a piece of toast on white bread. You would think after 5 years of not having it in the house I would be over it but seriously a PB and J just doesn't taste the same when you have to actually chew the bread instead of it just dissolving in your mouth.

And all this talk lately about non processed food. I've been really trying to cut back on that as well but sometimes you just need some Cheetos even if you have no idea what the ingredients are. I don't even want to look at the ingredients of an Eggo waffle, seriously scary to think about. But if you put some fresh strawberries / raspberries on top that makes them healthy....right?

OK now I'm hungry. Maybe I'm just bitter for not being able to have all that stuff in my house. And maybe I'm bitter that for every pound I am gaining my husband is losing one. Not cool...what happened to sympathy weight? I'm blaming my complaining on the pregnancy. I only have 9 more weeks to use it as an excuse so you better believe I am using it :)

Happy eating!

Side note: Just so you don't have the wrong impression about us I must clarify that I have plenty of crap food in my house. Cookie dough, fruit snacks, ice cream, etc. I am in no way trying to say we are healthy eaters because that would be false advertising.

3 comments:

Doug & Darci said...

I'm seeing a trend here. On both your blogs your most recent posts are about food. I say indulge and buy some delicious white bread. Your only pregnant once! errr.. or three times. Whatever- you deserve it!

Labrum Family said...

You are so funny! Good thing I read the side note. I was starting to wonder if we really are related or not?

Ryan, Natalie and kids said...

Um...I need pics of baby Jude. ASAP please, like you've got nothing better to do.